Tuesday, April 28, 2015

SNL 12 Days of Spring

If you haven't heard in February I was asked to be apart of the SNL (Scrap Night Late) Design Team, which is a YouTube based scrapbooking/crafting team that focuses on using you stash to create. Every Saturday we do a stash dive and have to create a layout, card or project life spread using a craft item that we have in our. It has been so much fun so far. Even though I have only been scrapping for a year, it is so easy to buy more scrap products than you use. In addition to doing Stash Dive videos we have been posting crafty videos that are inspired by Spring. It has been inspiring to see all these crafts made that encourage us to think about warm weather, blooming flowers, and Easter. All the ladies on the team have done some amazing stuff. Later in the blog I will link to their channels so you can check them out! 
I want to share the layout I made for Day 9, I have been very much in an artsy mood lately. I really have been trying to find ways to add art to my layout to in essence make my layout a piece of art. This layout was inspired by art journaling. I really am digging all the spring colors especially in recent collections such as Dear Lizzy Serendipity, WRMK Love Notes, and PinkFresh Studios Up In The Clouds. 
I started with a piece of plain white cardstock and clear gesso. I used a baby wipe to paint acrylic paint unto the cardstock, like the cardstock was a canvas. I put them in a diagonals and used 3 different colors, teal, blue and lavender.  
I used a The Crafters Workshop stencil with yellow paint. I love the pops of chicken wire in yellow through the page. 
I then used Multi Matte Media to glue down cut strips of thin patterned paper from DCWV antique 6x6 pack. I tore the strips before I glued them down for interest and to give it more that art journal feel. I used four gelatos (metallic grape, metallic blueberry, metallic mint and lavender) on the paper too. I made sure I covered this all with more clear gesso to seal the gelatos in place. just incase I wanted to add more liquid media. 
I used a white gel pen to draw various sizes of circles all over the page. I really wanted this layout to look like an art journal page so I
thought this would be a fun addition to the layers on the background to build it up. After finishing this I realized that I really couldn't see the circles and I really wanted them to show up, so I pulled my paints back out. I used my thin paintbrush to draw circles with acrylic paint in white and teal colors.  I also painted circles on another patterned paper that I would later add to my layers. 
PinkFresh Studios has the cutest heart wood veneer piece that I wanted to add to my layers. This also helped me decide
on the photo. I scrapped a photo I took during sunset on the day before Easter during a family dinner we had out with my mom. We wanted to have a nice sit down meal for Easter but she was leaving on Easter so Saturday
worked perfectly. We went to the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co, in the Ala Moana Center in Honolulu which over looks the dock area near Waikiki. The way the sun shone on the buildings and reflected off the windows was gorgeous. 
I added tons of layers of paper and a glassine bag. I also raided my embellishment stash for pieces that had teal, blue or purple on them. 
I had leftover wood buttons from my PinkFresh Studios embellishment kits that were perfect.   And an exclusive pineapple flair button that matched. 


I finished my layout by drawing an artsy border around the layout in black sharpie to draw

your eye in. Added some enamel dots and thinned out some white paint for splatters.
I absolutely love how it turned out, so colorful and a fun way to remember the view from that evening. 




I have a process video for this layout, https://youtu.be/DKH0OkPXhn4
Here is where you can find out what all the Design Team members are doing and creating, https://www.facebook.com/groups/1442761359296084/ 

Here is a list of the SNL Design team members just in case you watch to check out their YouTube video out and see all the things they are creating...
Carol also known as OneHappyCraftyChick
Cindy also known as Cindy4kiddos
Megan Paulos Blethen also known as Crafty Meggy
Sheri also known as Auntie Re Creates
Teresa also known as CraftinmommaML
and the Guest Designer Heather Little
I hope you have an Inspired Week!!
Aloha, 
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment