Thursday, December 4, 2014

Reflections during this Holiday Season

This week as I start to work daily on my December Daily album, it has me thinking about the past, present and future. Thinking about goals I want to make for next year, things I want to accomplish this christmas season to encourage a love for the holiday in my children.  Thinking about the past and wondering what new changes will occur in this year to come. 
Lately this week I have been thinking a lot of how much the scrapbook community as I have come to know it as has changed. I started learning from so many great scrappers on Two Peas and then just as I seemed to get a good ground that resource was gone. Of cource I can go on Youtube and watch all the old videos they made, and I still do. But there was something about finding all this inspiration at one place. I miss that. 
Two Peas closing opened up a whole new door for me though. Opened me up to the whole world of online community that I hadn't known before. Yes I watched many amazing scrapping on Youtube. I ate that up actually. I hadn't actually interacted with any scrappers at this point. Then I strolled on Facebook and started looking up a few groups I had heard on YouTube, and that was it. 
I have started meeting and connecting with so many great ladies who love scrapbooking as much as I do.  I love talking with them seeing their work. It inspires me to keep creating myself and even to try many new things I would have never tried on my own. When the days get busy and I am not able to et on visit with these ladies I miss them. 
So this december I start to think about habits I want to make for myself, to make me a better scrapbooker. Journaling, I think we all at times feel like we need to pick between a beautiful layout or great journaling, at least I do. I want to in this coming month and this next year work on more intental journaling. Making sure I am telling the story behind the scenes especially before the background stuff gets blurry. I know I have left out my blog, and that is something I want to work on too. Scheduling time to sit and write how my scrapping is going. Telling the behind the scenes thought process when it comes to my scrappy process. 
I also hope to get more connected to other scrapbookers to help form better friendships with the ladies I have met through my journe scrapping already. These ladies inspire everyday and I want to let them know how much I appreciate them. I want to help encourage them when they are down like they do for me. 
I hope in this holiday season you take the time to think about the things you want to change about your craft and think about the ways you contribute to your craft. Take the time to smell the roses and intentally make time for yourself in the midst of a busy and fun time. Encourage your friends in a new way! 
I plan to keep you better updated on my holiday journey, I look forward to seeing what everyone else is creating and learning this holiday season as well.
 Hannah
P.S. To see what I am creating head over to my YouTube channel and check it out. I hhope to be posting lots of my December Daily album as I work on it. I am also creating other layouts when I am not busy with my DD album.



No comments:

Post a Comment