Friday, December 12, 2014

In Knee Deep In December Daily

We are almost half way through December, yup can you believe it? Maybe you can, maybe your days have been filled with tons of activities celebrating the holiday season. Maybe your days have dragged on and you are finding it hard to find the true joy this time of the year. How is your December Daily coming? Are you already behind and feeling overwhelmed with documenting the festvities? Or are you right on schedule plotting along adding your daily photos at the end of each perfect day? 
If  you are anything like me, it's been a mix of both throughtout this journey called December Daily. Documenting my families fun daily routines and traditions has been fun and challenging. Some days I have been so tired sitting at my craft desk even for an hour just made me tired. Some days I just couldn't wait to get started sorting through my papers and embellishments to retell my day. 
But now my question is how do you keep this momentium going, and not get off track? How do you keep your Christmas spirit alive for another two to three weeks? 
For my familiy some of the fun about the holidays has begun but the busy stuff is still about to happen. I don't know about you but I am truly happy to be documenting our traditions but I don't want to get in a rut either. Some things I have tried to help me not feel overwhelmed is not to push myself. I had a few days this week where I was so tired. But I decided to put the guilt of documenting behind me. If I finish my December Daily in December that is great but it isn't the end of the world if I don't. The key to this process is to fall in love with christmas, each time you look at the album. Each time you relive those special moments through photos. Another thing I am doing is trying to keep it simple. My family doesn't care if my album looks like all the albums in magazines or other blogs.  By keeping it simple the pictures from that day can be the stars along with the stories behind it. 
Also don't be afraid to use prompts from other places, such as pinterest, blogs, or other social media sites to guide you through the hard days where you aren't sure what to document on a day where nothing major or christmasy has happened. Using other places as inspiration can take your album to another level.  
Also don't be afraid to chage the way you re doing things in the middle of the project if it isn't working. If taking pictures everyday is something you are having a hard time remembering, take a few throughout the week and pick out a few of the more meaningful ones. This is your Christmas story, you don't have to put it together the same way as the crowd. 
I am gonna wrap this up, or I may talk all night. But I hope everyone is remebering why christmas is special to their families. I hope that whatever your process is you make it yours, whether simple or overdoing it. Don't be afraid to change things up as the season gets busier and more is on your plate. Time will slow down at some point and you can work it out later. 
When Ali thought about this new way of documenting the season that is traditional rich in stories and warm feelings, it was meant to be easy and simple. As a scrapper myself its hard to slow the reigns down and make something simple, but we are knee high in the Christmas season with lots to enjoy. If we aren't enjoying the season how can that flow into our projects. Let your joy for the Holidays overflow into all that you are doing this months, in all your projects and memory making!! 
I hope eveyrone has a great Christmas and find inspiration in the little details!!
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment